6.21.2016

The Story Behind the Name: What Does Clear Cut Crystal Mean?

Have you ever heard the phrase, "There's no clear cut answer?" or "yeah, I get it, it's crystal clear" spoken with a hint sarcasm?

When I picked my name, I wanted something with my name in it, something alliterative, and something that could grow with the blog.



Clear Cut Crystal. That's me. What you see is what you get. I'm never one to sugar coat and I'll never tell you what you want to hear just to make you feel good. I'm usually pretty blunt.

That has rubbed many people wrong over the years, but I just don't know how else to be. I'm me and I'm not sure how to change that.


Sounds pretty harsh, huh? Feel sorry for me yet? haha.

When I was growing up and in high school, I tried to be softer, sweeter, girlier. I didn't know who I was, but I wasn't me. I never accepted myself for who I was and I was miserable. Something happened in college, though. Maybe it was the fact that instead of the small town high school with a graduating class of 40ish, I was in a huge college with tons of different people from all over the U.S. and the world. I opened up, suddenly became less shy, and made friends pretty easily.


It was amazing. I made life long friends.

I'm not like most people, and I accept that. I'm bossy and in charge. I tell it how it is. I can be loud and fun. I can be withdrawn and quiet. I am such a big ol' softie now that I have kids. I care WAY too much. I feel more deeply than most people. And it's all OK. It took me a long time to get to that place. People are different and there is no one right way to be. You aren't better than me just because you are girlie or outgoing or artistic or whatever. Maybe once you hit the three-oh you kinda realize that life is too short and too precious to be worried about what people think of you.

It is so freeing. Life is amazing.

Do I have it figured out. NO WAY. I'm still super quiet with new people. But, I'm more comfortable in my skin. The big three-oh hasn't been too bad. It can only get better from here, right??


What about you? Have you had that ah-ha moment in your life? Do you struggle with comparison too? Well, then you are normal! How's it feel?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment