6.30.2016

Casual, Well-Traveled Living Room

My future living room is going to be so much fun to put together. I've kind of got this idea in my head of what I want it to look like, but I need to be in the space to really envision the look I want. I'm calling it the casual, well-traveled living room. I'm waiting on the rug I ordered to arrive and then I will test paint samples on the walls. Eeeeeeek! So excited to get this party started.



The curtains pictured here are the similar to what I already have in my living room. They are cream with a really cool Boho look to them. That lamp with the pineapple base is what I'm currently crushing on. My current lamp will have to stay for awhile though. Other rooms need more attention for sure.



I'm still brain storming media center ideas. I want something a little more modern, because while I looooove vintage, I don't want a museum for a house. It's good to keep things a little fresh and up-to-date, and technology seems like a practically obvious choice.



Casual, well-traveled living room


Overall, I want the living room to feel relaxing, inviting, comfortable. The clutter needs to be kept at a minimum, but 2 little boys in the house, I'll be fighting that battle valiantly. Just picture me with a roman centurion get-up on clearing clutter and shouting, "For the family!" or something.




So what do you think? Do you have any rooms that really hard to decorate? What have you done to fix this in your home? 

No comments:

Post a Comment