2.09.2016

Crazy Easy Valentine's Day Banner

Hey y'all! This almost isn't worthy of a post, but I thought I'd pop in and show you a super easy way to make a banner. Maybe I'm the last person in the world to realize this because it's just so easy and cheap. It might even be something you could get the kids involved with.

I bought a few sheets of felt from my store $0.70 each and took it to the library. They have a die-cut machine with tons of options for cutting. Basically you turn the handle and it rolls the felt over a large block with shapes. The shapes are super sharp and cut the felt.

I arranged the felt into a pattern and then ran the pieces through the sewing machine. That's it!

Seriously. It cost me $2.10 and about 10 minutes of time. I lightly slid a red marker over the thread on the red hearts. My son actually helped with that since there wasn't much else for him to do. Maybe I can think of a boy-ish banner to make...hmmm...birthday...kindergarten graduation...my kids love helping with stuff like this, so I gotta think of something.


Happy crafting,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment