1.12.2016

DIY Mid Century Minimalist Wall Clock


You know that expression, "All that glitters is not gold"? This is what we have here.

PROGRESS! Living room progress y'all. I heart this corner of the living room so, so much.

Happy Dance.

So, honesty time, I got this tutorial from Sugar & Cloth so I'm not going to reinvent the wheel here, but I do want to add some clarification because there aren't a ton of instructions on her site. Also, I gained a few pounds over Christmas. We are being honest here.

Please check out Sugar & Cloth for a supply list and instructions. 


As a typical blogger, I had every thing on hand (so frustrating, right?). My cost was wood round + clock kit = $32.91 But if you aren't a blogger and had almost none of the items on hand, then your cost would be more around $45 which is still amazing. I looked for MONTHS for a cool clock and nothing. Well, nothing that really worked. And fit my budget.


You know that expression, "All that glitters is not gold"? This is what we have here. The clock kit is super cheap plastic that breaks and bends easily. And it's a pain in the butt to put together because you slide the clock hands onto the center and there is nothing to secure it. They just fall off when you hang the clock on the wall. So you put them back on. Cool, huh?


There are no instructions with the clock kit on how to space out the wood dowel caps. See that itty bitty mark I made on the right side of the wood round? I googled how to find circumference, and measured around the clock.

Here's a info-graphic that was way too fun to make (nerd alert).

It way easier to make the chart then make complicated instructions.


Happy Clock Makin'
Crystal
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment