1.05.2016

10+ Ways to Reuse that Wedding Dress

Has your wedding dress been sitting in your closet for 5 or 10 years, collecting dust? Have you ever thought about what you could do with it? My poofy dress was taking tons of valuable space and I needed a solution.

I decided to hit Pinterest to see what others are doing and...the answer is not much. It seems like women are a little hesitant to take scissors to the symbol of moving from childhood into maturity and adulthood. And a time when the waistline was smaller, just to be honest!


You can check out my Pinterest board here to see all my inspiration on what to do with the dress in the back of your closet.

Here are some of my favorites:







Leaving Pinterest, I checked out the interwebs and found this article. It lists plenty of ideas that I love!

Dye it a different color
Play trash the dress
Have it sewn into a Christening gown
Donate it to a bride in need
Have it sewn into a pillow
Have a wedding dress party with all your friends
Have it sewn into a hi-low dress
Make a princess dress for your daughter
Make a tulle skirt
Make a Halloween costume
Make it into a tablecloth and/or napkins
Make a satin clutch
Sew a pretty cover for your wedding photo album
Decorate the baby bassinet with the skirt of the dress
Save a scrap of lace for a pendant necklace
Decoupage the lace onto a vase (or anything, really!)
Make a scarf
Turn the lace into an earring holder
Place a scrap of fabric into a clear, glass ornament
Make a tree skirt
Use the fabric to make bunting
Make a wreath
Make a drawstring purse
Add a satin edge to a baby blanket
Embellish a headband
Have a quilt made from scraps!

Check back soon to see what I've been up to. I'm pretty inspired and some of this seems so easy!

Happy sewing,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment