11.30.2015

No Sew Tree Skirt

Christmas on a budget...this fleece tree skirt fits in any budget!

Supplies:
Cream fleece, about 2 yards
fabric scissors
hot glue gun
tape measure

I feel like this list is ridiculously short. Um, I used a marker to trace the petals. There. What this one takes is time. Like 2-3 episodes of Gilmore Girls time.

First measure out how much you want, I found this info-graphic extremely helpful.


Don't eye-ball on this one. Except I totally eye-balled the rounded cuts because they would be covered by flowers. I used every bit of scrap in the hopes that I could use the leftover fabric for another project. 

Prepare to spend a lot of time cutting petals. I cut 200+ and only had enough for one row around. I'm debating finishing it up or keeping it as is. 


Side note: In real life, mom life, we take pics at night with our iPhones. And it's OK. 

Begin arranging the petals into flowers and hot glue them together. Realize you need even more petals. 


Cut more petals while watching your favorite show, it will make the time go by so fast. I promise. 

The pillows-Simple Addiction
Blanket-Hobby Lobby
The wooden signs-I made them with my Cricut Explore
The tree-Old Time Pottery
Ornaments-Kohl's or thrifted or Dollar Tree (no joke, they have good stuff)

Happy Cutting, 
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment