9.29.2015

Curbside Vintage Revival


 It's official, I nabbed my first curbside treasure. Does it count that it was my friend's trash? The chairs were pretty gross from being stored in her shed--layers of Florida sand, dirt, and cobwebs.

Before:

See all those nooks and crannies? Nooks and crannies = more work. Every. Time. But I had the vision of how it would turn out in my head and I couldn't go back.

 After it was clean and had spent some time drying, I mixed up my homemade chalk recipe:

1 cup paint
1/2 cup calcium carbonate

Aaaand then a quick trip to ReStore (Habitat for Humanity resale store) for some paint brushes.

Ahem.

I sanded down the chairs as best as I could and got to work. I wish I had a pic of the sanded down version. It was uggo at that point...



 What do you think? Have you ever tried chalk paint before? I need to add here that usually you don't "need" to prep the surface for chalk paint, but these chairs had a lot of dirt, damage, and just EW.

I am always amazed at the power of paint.

Paint all the things,

Crystal

Follow me on Pinterest!

Visit Clear Cut Crystal Designs's profile on Pinterest.



No comments:

Post a Comment