8.18.2015

Gorgeous Tablescapes on the Cheap


Before I photographed my newly painted table, I was coming up short on tablescape ideas. As a relative newcomer to the blogging world, I've been studying the movers and shakers. Many of them seem to have one thing in common. They don't have 3 pillows on their couch, they have 10. They don't just have plates and chargers, they have lots of extra stuff. It's the icing on the cake. So think of a tablescape as the icing. A lovely layered cake with lots of icing.

I'm newly debt-free and now I'm in the icing stage of life. (Does anyone else really want cake now?? Sorry in advance...)

Here's how I created a beautiful tablescape on the cheap:

glass mason jars (I save pickle and pasta sauce jars too)
flowers cut from outside
pine cones from outside (baked as well)
an orange cut into slices (baked at 200* for 3 hours)
bamboo cutting board, bakery bread, olive oil, and seasonings
blue hydrangeas from Publix $3.99 (a grocery store here in the south)
woven chargers from IKEA (very affordable)
"butcher block" bowl from IKEA, fresh fruit (could use lemons or limes)
burlap table runner (I cut mine from an old coffee bean sack, fun project in the works!)

Once you look at my list of sources, you can tell I didn't spend much. My kind of price. My favorite part? Baking orange slices into decor! Easy and it smells good! Win, win.

Here is my Florida Fall table:


I switched out the summery flowers for greenery and the bird has been replaced with pumpkins. I layered one of my fave fall necklaces around the pumpkins for something unexpected and interesting.


As you can see, it doesn't take much and you don't need expensive decor to make an impact. One of my favorite things to do is shop my home, you can read more about that here and here and here. When I move items around, it keeps things interesting and will keep me from "needing" more decorations when I have everything I need right here...at least most of the time.

Happy decorating,

Crystal

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! I love putting together tablescapes. And I also love to shop my home! :D

    ReplyDelete