7.14.2015

You Make Me Happy Sign

When I showed my husband a few pics and asked him which DIY I should tackle next, he said, "What about this over here or that over there? Are you going to finish those first?"

Ahem.

So I challenged myself to either finish projects or do $0 projects for awhile. You know, until we get to respectable levels of unfinished. 

Anyway...

You guys. This sign turned out much better than I had even dreamed. I LURVE it. That's love, but extra.

I took a few scraps of leftover wood and stained them with leftover stain. $0
It wasn't the greatest quality wood, but I planed on painting and distressing it, so it didn't really matter.

I painted heirloom white over the stain. I was dripping in the 100,000,000% humidity and had to wait a loooooooong time for it to dry. I actually let it dry overnight each time because it was crazy humid.

 After all that dried, I sanded down the white to let the wood stain show through. It was so easy and turned out beautifully! I was so excited to watch the grain come through.

I started playing around with font sizes and placement. I fell in love with the circle type and just had to use it. I LOVE the finished sign. 

I mixed up some homemade mod podge (4 oz. glue and 1 oz. water, mixed together) and cut out the circles that I printed from the printer. I was nervous about using plain printer paper, but it worked great. 



The Happy sign looked great just like that! I thought about leaving it, but I finished it out. I used my Cricut Explore to make the black lettering because there was no way I was cutting those out. 

Pic Monkey works really well for designing artwork. It's so easy to use! It's like Photoshop for dummies. Ha! I saved the Pic Monkey file to my laptop and uploaded it into Cricut design space. Easy peasy!

I'm so HAPPY with how it turned out. 


What do you think? 

Do you have any tips for designing artwork? I'd love to hear how you use the Cricut if you have one. Let me know in the comments!

I'm linking this up at Remodelaholic's linky party!



No comments:

Post a Comment