7.29.2015

Love More, Worry Less Wooden Sign

Hello, my name is Crystal, and I'm addicted to making wooden signs.

Now that we have that out of the way, I was pretty inspired by a sign I saw at Francesca's (a clothing and gift boutique here in Florida).



Supplies:
Wood Rectangle Plaque
Cricut Explore Air
Cricut Vinyl, Gold
Rust-Oleum Satin, Oasis Blue
3M Sandpaper, Fine Grit
Mod Podge, Matte

I wanted to recreate the sign as a gift for a swap I was participating in on Instagram. I knew this would be so easy and I love the teal!

First I googled "mason jar outline" and immediately found the artwork I needed.



Next, I used Pic Monkey to edit the file.



I uploaded the file into Cricut design space and set it to cut vinyl.





I'm pretty stoked about the final sign! I painted a scrap piece of wood with teal paint and applied the vinyl. I learned the hard way that vinyl does not adhere to wood very well--at least Cricut brand vinyl. I've been researching better vinyl and found some stuff sold by the roll, but I don't know if I need that much at time! Update: I think sanding very lightly would help the vinyl adhere better. I included a link to my favorite kind.

The "worry" font is not for the faint of heart! It took quite awhile to get the vinyl out of the holes. Totally worth it, though.

Anyway, I used my homemade mod podge to seal that sucker down. Then I applied a couple coats of clear spray paint sealer.


LOVE IT! I hope my new Instagram friend loved it as well! Here are all the gifts I sent.





In case you just can't get enough of mason jars, click those links:



Mason Jar Measuring Cups (Blue)
Mason Jar Ceramic Measuring Spoons Set
Mason Jar Ceramic Kitchenware "Complete Set"
Similar projects:

http://clearcutcrystal.blogspot.com/2015/07/you-make-me-happy-sign.html

http://clearcutcrystal.blogspot.com/2015/09/fall-gather-sign.html



http://clearcutcrystal.blogspot.com/2015/10/painting-on-whim.html



No comments:

Post a Comment