7.28.2015

Bloom Where You're Planted

Sometimes, as a teacher, you don't get the grade you want, or the class you want, or you have that student who just seems to have it out for you! For this week's teacher's conference, I chose the theme bloom where you're planted as an encouragement to teachers. If you embrace life's lemons, you'll be surprised by the unexpected blessings that come your way!

This window was completely inspired by the lovely Beckie Farrant over at Infarrently Creative and Knock Off Decor, both of which are her sites.

I used the tutorial from Beckie's site to make this fantastic sign:


I used my Cricut Explore to make a stencil just like in the tutorial. The stain turned out beautifully!

The vinyl I used DID NOT stay in place when I used the glitter spray. It bled horribly. A magic eraser took care of most of it, though. Glitter spray is of the devil.

The buckets came from old displays from my store and I hot glued thick jute around the base and worked my way up. They add such visual interest and texture to the display.

I found an old, junky wooden ladder and painted it white. The flowers were borrowed from the interiors department. Here are some pics of the finished product for your viewing pleasure.




The quilt hanging off the back rungs was made by my great grandmother and is a precious addition to the window.

As I was standing back admiring my handiwork, one of the art faculty walked up and said how much he liked it. He asked if I was going for the Pottery Barn look and I about died right on the spot. That's exactly what I was going for! Day made.

What do you think?

Crystal


No comments:

Post a Comment