6.09.2015

Shop Your Home & Revive that Tired Room!


Ever feel like you have nothing to wear?? I used to look into my closet and see the same ol' stuff. Suddenly I hated everything.

Being a Pinterest junkie, I typed "black and white skirt" and got tons of suggestions! Pinterest will give me ideas on how to combine my clothes into entirely different combinations. I usually buy a lot of gray, black, and black/white pieces. While this can be classy or timeless, it usually isn't very exciting.


I have a shirt in that exact shade of teal. This makes me think in new ways about my clothes. I really feel like I'm at a point where I have something to wear everyday. I never look into my closet and think, "I have nothing to wear!"

You guys: this can apply to your house. Shop your home and revive a tired room. It was like a thousand angels appeared singing hallelujah right there in my living room. Not really. But that sounded really cool.

I love my brown leather sectional, but it's huge and dark in an already dark room. No problem.


Do you walk into a room and smile? Do you love the home you have instead of dreaming for a future Dream Home? Love the Home You Have by a fellow blogger has had me really thinking about this a lot lately. I really want to buy it. I just bought it because I've been thinking about it so much.Click the pic to check it out.

 I'll be doing a separate post about another book with the same theme. The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up provides some major food for thought. It's like automatic permission to purge the unnecessary stuff in your home. I can't wait to show you guys what I've been doing in my living room!

Does every item in your home bring you joy? Just think about it.




Let's say you paid $150,000 for your home and you have 8 rooms. That's $18,750 per room. Is one of your rooms barely used or full of junk? Did you just pay $18,750 to not use a room? Powerful stuff.

Now to finally, finally finish my living room.

Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment